Move over Ben & Jerry’s ice-cream-straight-from-the-pint. There’s a new kid in town packing an easy 300 calories more than your forbidden-self and it’s not looking good. Yes, I would be frightened if I were you.
Who said that the best guilty pleasures in life (i.e. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups) can’t be had while living abroad?! Ha! I laugh at you oh mistress of cultural oddities — for not only do I have the power to make this be, but I have high-quality Swiss chocolate at my fingertips to make it be, well, better.
Do yourself a favor and down some calorie-light green salad and veggies before you make these bad boys. Believe me, it will be oh-so-worth-it.
Shhhh…don’t tell anyone but they are super easy to make, too!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 (11.5 ounce) package milk chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup peanut butter (and not the natural stuff, either)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Trim 12 paper muffin cup liners to half their height.
- Place 1/2 chocolate chips in a microwave safe container. Microwave for 2 minutes, stirring after each minute. Spoon melted chocolate into muffin cups, filling halfway. With a spoon, draw the chocolate up the sides of the cups until evenly coated. Cool in the refrigerator until firm.
- In a small bowl, mix together peanut butter, confectioners’ sugar and salt. divide into the chocolate cups. Melt the remaining chocolate, and spoon over peanut butter. Spread chocolate to edges of cups.