home

Does This Mean My Eggs are Super Fresh?!?

Although it’s not as bad as slimy egg leaking all over your grocery bag, this is not what you want to find when you open your eggs.

9 thoughts on “Does This Mean My Eggs are Super Fresh?!?

1. All the more reason not to eat eggs or any other animal product for that matter!

Posted by fittofatandbackcarrie | June 21, 2010, 1:22 pm
    • I’m pretty much a vegetarian (still can’t give up salami pizza or my favourite Mediterranean Chicken Tart)…and I will admit, eggs are starting to gross me out a bit.

Posted by Natasha | June 21, 2010, 8:26 pm
  2. Didn’t you open them at the store to check if they were broken??

I guess it shows how disconnected we are from our food and the animals that provide it eh?

Posted by zena rittenhouse | June 21, 2010, 1:53 pm
    • The plastic containers that the eggs come in here are stuck shut and it’s a real battle to get them open. I always fear that I’ll fumble and put 12 eggs all over the grocery store floor so to check for broken (to which I have NEVER found one since living here!), I just flip it over to peer through the plastic. Hence, the feather made it home with me. 🙂

But yeah, I would go back to farm-raised eggs from the guy down the street (in Victoria) ANY DAY!

Posted by Natasha | June 21, 2010, 8:29 pm
  3. I was so excited… I thought I was going to have eggs AND grilled baby chicken.

Posted by Tim | June 21, 2010, 4:42 pm
  4. Is it that some feathers got into the container?

Posted by Mum | June 22, 2010, 5:41 am
    • Yeah…it came off easily. But hilarious to open your eggs and see that. The funniest thing about it is (like Zeanna said) we are so far removed from where our food comes from that seeing a chicken feather was like, “ewww, gross”. Ha!! If we only knew!

Posted by Natasha | June 22, 2010, 6:15 am
  5. I’m with Tim. Just makes me hungrier!

Posted by LP | June 22, 2010, 9:29 am
  6. In certain places in Asia it is considered a delicacy to drill a hole through an egg, slip in a straw, and suck up a half egg half chicken embryo, completely raw.

Yuuuuuum… crunchy.