food

Banana Crumble Goodness

Photo Credit: Joann, AllRecipes

I’ve discovered that recipes like fudge, chocolate brownies, and cheesecake are not my biggest worry.  When something is so clearly bad for you, it’s easier to resist the temptation that’s screaming from your fridge/ Tupperware container/cookie jar.

But those sneaky recipes for things like muffins, scones and other seemingly healthy goodies are the ones that’ll getcha.  Take these Banana Crumb Muffins, for example.  Mine just came out of the oven 15 minutes ago and I’m fairly certain that if I can find a way to get the heavenly smell out of the house before hubby gets home, there will be not one trace of evidence that they ever existed.

Oh snap. Can I just say, my kids were eating them, too!

Find the recipe here. Follow it to a tee.

My only note: make sure the butter is cold when you make the brown sugar topping. If used at room temp, it will result in a muffin with more of a hard top (as seen in my photo above) than a crumble. Although let’s be honest, that didn’t seem to stop me.

7 thoughts on “Banana Crumble Goodness

1. These look delicious. Love the new look on the site!

Posted by Cheri | July 23, 2010, 1:31 pm
  2. Oh my goodness… how many muffins did you eat in one sitting?!

Posted by zena rittenhouse | July 23, 2010, 2:04 pm
    • That would be…four. Can’t say it was the best choice of lunch but there are worse things. 😉

Posted by Natasha | July 23, 2010, 2:05 pm
  3. I *was* sitting here feeling guilty for eating a GIANT bowl of Natures Path blueberry muesli mixed with their new crunchy maple sunrise flavour (no seriously…like 3.5 overflowing cups of cereal) and just before I started reconciling the fact that it’ll be a LARGE salad for dinner to make up for it…you warmed my heart with this and made me remember that *somedays* you *can* splurge.

Posted by Shannon | July 23, 2010, 8:12 pm
    • Awesome! So my indulgence didn’t go to complete waste, then!

🙂

Posted by Natasha | July 23, 2010, 8:18 pm
  4. Natasha, I made these this morning and they are pure bliss!!! I can see how you ate four in one sitting 😀 Thanks for the great recipe, can’t wait to have another one in the morning! I even doubled the recipe and they turned out so big and wonderful, like in a cafe! mmm 🙂

Posted by Jocelyne | July 24, 2010, 3:21 pm
    • Great! Come to think of it, I think these taste better than any muffin I’ve ever had in a cafe! I’ve often contemplated a small business of making baked goods for little cafes and if I did, these would definitely be on my menu!

Posted by Natasha | July 24, 2010, 4:32 pm