Get on the Fitness Train!

Domestica’s
Get on the Fitness Train Challenge
Friday, March 18 to Friday, April 15, 2010

Calling All Domestica Readers:
Are you aiming to lose 20 pounds? 100 pounds? Or just the last five? If so, I want to hear from you!

I believe that in order to achieve your goals, you must first start with writing them down.  The rest of your success depends on a series of little steps all combined to produce one great result. I want to work together to make those “little steps” happen and embark on a one-month Fitness Challenge with you!

If you would like to accept the challenge, you need to send me the following info (to nk.domestica @ gmail) by Friday, March 18:

1. Your Current Weight & Measurements
    • chest
    • waist (smallest part of your torso)
    • hips (measuring tape should be at your pelvic bone)
    • each thigh (relaxed with foot flat on floor)
    • each bicep (relaxed at your side)

3. Your Fitness Goal for this 28-day Challenge
    Lose two pounds a week? Trim a few inches? Be able to run a 5k without stopping? Beat your current Personal Best? Put it down and CLAIM IT!

5. Your Action Plan
    How will you achieve your goal?  Will you run twice a week? Keep a food journal? Do that at-home DVD every morning? Eat eight servings of fruit and veggies every day? Take a new fitness class you’ve never tried before? Make a plan!

7. A Picture of your Vision Board
    Whether it’s a collage, like mine pictured above, or just a few pictures of your healthier self from years past with a post-it note of encouraging words, put something together that you can hang on your bathroom mirror (or somewhere you’ll see it often) and send me a photo of it.  Visualize your success!

Optional: Make it official by taking a “before” picture (or, as Jillian calls it, a “goodbye” picture!).

I will post an update entry every Friday and ask you to post a comment with how you did on your Action Plan that week.  At the end of the fitness train line, I’ll ask you to send me your measurements once again and for those willing to share, we will post Before & After stats and/or pictures.

No matter what your current fitness goal is, you have what it takes to do this!

I am looking forward to hearing from you!

**By submitting your entry, your first name and state/province, as well as your vision board, may be used on this blog as well as social networking sites (i.e. Facebook). Please let me know when submitting your entry if you would like to be anonymous.

34 thoughts on “Get on the Fitness Train!

1. !!!!!! OH I AM SOOOOO IN!!!! This is SO PERFECT!!! I had a like a million questions to ask you but didn’t want to bug you!! I’m totally on board!!!!

Posted by Natasha M | March 11, 2011, 11:28 am
    • Great! Ask away! You probably have questions that other people are also wondering about!

Posted by Natasha | March 11, 2011, 11:32 am
  2. I love you Tasha! I am so doing this.

Posted by tinamasfina | March 11, 2011, 11:57 am
  3. my goal is to run a 5K in less than 30 minutes, but i am sadly too unmotivated to get you all the materials you have listed above. but i do have a new miniature donkey in my life. i could send you a picture of that!

Posted by Jaywalker | March 11, 2011, 3:11 pm
    • Do what you can! If the measurements aren’t all that important to you, than something is better than nothing! So if you already have your GOAL, how about you just send me your PLAN so you can stay accountable to that?!?

Posted by Natasha | March 11, 2011, 3:40 pm
  4. Hey Natasha…you keep kicking me in the butt. I would like to take this challenge. I will get the info to you asap! Thanks for your motivational attidtude!

Posted by Lara Burns | March 11, 2011, 3:43 pm
  5. 100% I am in. Thank you. With mama Tash grinding my gears (or at least I picture you doing so).

I’ll send you the deets by Monday!

Posted by Shannon | March 11, 2011, 4:26 pm
    • Awesome! You are already doing so well, I’m excited to see what you decide on. Show ’em how it’s done, girl!

Posted by Natasha | March 11, 2011, 5:28 pm
  6. can i still join even though i’m pregnant and not looking to lose weight? i just need to maintain the same weight or thereabouts for the next month and eat way healthier. i’d really love to be a part of this, i think it will help my motivation tremendously.

Posted by heidi | March 11, 2011, 7:32 pm
    • Yay! I was really hoping one of my prego friends would get in on the action! Yes, totally! Do whichever of the steps you feel comfortable doing and we’ll be here to support you appropriately. 🙂

Posted by Natasha | March 11, 2011, 8:42 pm
  7. Hey Natasha, you certainly are an inspiration! I’m tempted, but it’s tough to actually make a decision and commit to it…

Posted by Jocelyne | March 11, 2011, 9:24 pm
    • Oh please do, Jocelyne! Even if you can’t do all four things, I really encourage you to get on board! Even my mom is doing it! 🙂

Your goal can be as little or big as you want! Make it appropriate to YOU and don’t worry about anyone else. What is it that YOU want to accomplish? I’m even encouraging my pregnant friends to get on board and just commit to eating healthy for breakfast, lunch and snacks. Whatever you can do — SOMETHING is better than nothing. And I know you would do great!

Join us!

Posted by Natasha | March 11, 2011, 9:29 pm
  8. Hey Natasha, I went bathing suit shopping tonight and am sooo discouraged! I want to be in but not sure. When I read that your mom is doing it, I thought maybe I could! Have any advice for me?

Posted by Denise | March 11, 2011, 10:46 pm
    • Denise! I highly recommend you join us for this! You and my mom are definitely not the only 40’s & 50’s women doing it and it’s a great inspiration to other women your age. To be honest, you ladies have even MORE reason to take charge of your health than me and my 20-30 year old counterparts do.

I’ll tell you what I’ve said to others — don’t get caught up in doing everything — just do what you can do. So if you’re not keen on doing the measurements, than just send me your weight and your goal/action plan. Or whatever!

And although I love a bold goal, it doesn’t have to be a major one in order to be effective! Even a small step in the right direction is progress! 🙂

Can’t wait to hear from you!

Posted by Natasha | March 12, 2011, 3:31 pm
  9. Natasha,

I am in!

I will be focusing on adding cadio to my week and I need help with my eating. My bad habit is not eating, if it’s too finicky to make I just won’t eat. How’s that for silly! Worst thing is… I am totally aware of it and still continue in the same pattern.

My email is coming…

Tracey

Posted by Tracey | March 12, 2011, 6:34 am
    • Tracey, you are not the only one to admit this problem of undereating! My mom actually is notorious for this — she just does not enjoy food. One of her challenges this coming month will be to eat consistently!

I highly recommend LaraBars for your in-crisis snack. They pack a hefty 200 calories but they have only 2-8 ingredients and enough protein and carbs to keep you going until you can find a real meal. My favorite is Peanut Butter Cookie which as peanuts, dates, and salt! So tasty, and so simple!

Posted by Natasha | March 12, 2011, 3:28 pm
  10. I was going to comment saying that I wanted to do this but I’m 28 weeks pregnant so probably shouldn’t. Then I saw that another pregnant friend of yours is in, so I would love to be too. I basically want to gain a healthy amount of weight in the next 3 months, as well as fuel my body for labor and the demands of having a newborn…

Posted by Adrianne | March 12, 2011, 3:36 pm
    • Yes! By all means, you can do this, too! The great thing about this challenge is that it’s unique to each person — your goal is going to be very different from the next persons! But that’s what makes it great. You don’t have to worry about your measurements if you don’t want to but do whatever is manageable for you. And don’t let your comfort zone hold you back! 🙂

Posted by Natasha | March 12, 2011, 3:39 pm
    • oh good, it will be nice not being the only pregnant one on here (i’m 20 weeks)… we’ll be able to relate to one another if not to all the other ladies on here 🙂

Posted by heidi | March 12, 2011, 3:39 pm
  11. I just stumbled across this blog and it looks like a good one! I’m definitely in for a 28-day butt-kick!

Posted by Sarah | March 12, 2011, 5:41 pm
    • Awesome! Welcome to the (sweaty) party!

I look forward to getting to know you — email me at nk.domestica (@) gmail.com with your info! 🙂

Posted by Natasha Kay | March 13, 2011, 5:05 pm
  12. Hi Natasha

I just stumbled on this. I would like to join you, however it’s the 18th today and I’m leaving on a working vacation for 1 week. I can zip off measurements but my vision board will have to wait. If this is okay, let me know and I am in!

Posted by Chantele M | March 18, 2011, 6:58 am
    • It will be GREAT to have you join Chantele! Send me whatever you can now — even if it’s just your goal and action plan! 🙂

Posted by Natasha | March 18, 2011, 10:35 am

1. Pingback: Make it real? « Milleniumfury - March 14, 2011

2. Pingback: All Aboard! « Domestica - March 18, 2011

3. Pingback: Put On The Brakes!! « Domestica - March 25, 2011

4. Pingback: Today’s Plate {Bree} « Domestica - March 28, 2011

5. Pingback: Don’t Sabotage Your Efforts! Drink More Water. « Domestica - April 6, 2011

6. Pingback: Counting Your Way To Success « Domestica - April 14, 2011

7. Pingback: Burpees Everywhere « Fabulously Domestic - August 1, 2011

8. Pingback: Do You “Like” Me?! « Fabulously Domestic - May 13, 2012

9. Pingback: Success Stories // Jocelyne Loves Herself to Slim | Fabulously Domestic - January 2, 2014